[Tutor] build a really simple "json" api from a db

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sat Jul 28 20:18:32 CEST 2007

"Picio" <picioslug at gmail.com> wrote

> Hello, I'd like to know the necessary steps to build a json api for
> two table on my db.

Since you seem to be using Django are you sure that isn't built in?

I use Turbo Gears and JSON is a standard feature turned on by
an option in a method. Django is quite similar to TG in most respects
so I'll be surprised if it can't do JSON directly.

> I've seen this snippet on the djangosnippet site.
> http://www.djangosnippets.org/snippets/154/
> Is It the right way.

If its on the Django web site and you are using Django then
probably! :-)

It certainly looks like a recommendation to me.

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site