[Tutor] Online Rock Paper Sizzors

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Fri Jun 22 13:17:10 CEST 2007

> From: Amadeo Bellotti <amadeo.bellotti at gmail.com>
>
> no this isn't a home work assignment. Ive never done web programming
> before i am pretty skilled in python i dont want an application like on
> a web browser. i want a client that each person can download. honestly i
> have no clue where to start with a web app once i get started i can
> probably take over

A downloadable client is an application like any other. Since you know
Python you can start with that. You can use the pickle module to keep a
list of high scores.

Why do you call this a web app if it is downloadable? How will it be
different from a standalone application? If you want the high scores to
be shared between different users you will have to make the application
talk to a server of some kind. A simple way to do this is by making
requests to a web server. You could also use XML-RPC. Python has modules
to support both of these.

Kent