[Tutor] Help with setting path

sith . sith618 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 3 04:37:31 CET 2007

Thanks for your input.  I'm presently downloading enthought python - no asian mirror, so it'll take a really long time to download even on broadband at 10kbps) - but I don't think it's a distro problem.  I'm probably not doing it right as I'm now using IDLE and still have the same problem.  For example, here is the traceback for a simple file I made and tried to run in IDLE:
  # test.py
x = 1 + 1
print x
  In IDLE, I tried to run it by typing test.py
  Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#13>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'test' is not defined
  However, when I open the file in IDLE using the  menu, and then run it also from the menu, it works.
  Am I not calling the program properly?
  p.s.  Wonder why word wrap didn't work on my first post.  Thanks to all who scrolled.

Do You Yahoo!?