[Tutor] MP3Info class usage

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Thu Dec 18 15:51:58 CET 2008

Gareth at Serif wrote:
> I've not installed it, I've just imported it in my main program.
> How do you install eyeD3, there's no installation package?

What OS are you running?  I can help if you run some sort of *nix
system.  If you're on Windows, then I'll have to pass as I know
nothing about installing python modules on Windows. :)

> I read the readme, which talks about executing 'configure', but that
> just reports back that it is not recognized as an internal or
> external command, operable program or batch file.

Hmm, "... batch file" makes me think this is Windows.

On *nix systems, you run ./configure; make; sudo make install.  The ./
in front of configure tells the shell that the program you are trying
to run is in the current directory.  Otherwise, the shell would look
for configure in your $PATH, which does not include the current
directory.

Mollison's Bureaucracy Hypothesis:
    If an idea can survive a bureaucratic review and be implemented it
    wasn't worth doing.