[Tutor] MySQLdb for Python 2.5? (Debian related)

Michael Langford mlangford.cs03 at gtalumni.org
Wed Jan 23 21:24:24 CET 2008

> However, Debian is known for stability and security, right? I don't know
> if I should install things without apt in a production environment, so I
> first have to ask my guru if it's alright.

The *point* of buildout is that the entire installation is *local* to
the application. There is no change system wide, just for the
application that is running. This is *much* safer than using the
system package manager. Its like running a standalone exe like putty
on windows, versus installing a microsoft product.

       --Michael

Michael Langford
Phone: 404-386-0495
Consulting: http://www.RowdyLabs.com