[Tutor] Raw string

Martin Walsh mwalsh at groktech.org
Mon Jul 21 14:18:18 CEST 2008

Neven Goršić wrote:
> I read from one file plenty of parameters and among them one file name
> of other file.
> That file name is 'e:\mm tests\1. exp files\5.MOC-1012.exp' and I hold
> it in variable s.

As John pointed out, if you're really reading this string from a file
(with something like file.read or ConfigParser) it should already be
escaped properly, and you'd get back something like 'e:\\mm tests\\1.
exp files\\5.MOC-1012.exp' instead. Which would probably work for your
purposes.

Can you show us an example of the approach you're using to 'read'
parameters from a file, including the variable assignment?

Marty