[Tutor] tutor list equivalent for lisp?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Thu Jun 5 11:23:24 CEST 2008

<broek at cc.umanitoba.ca> wrote

> Well, my desire to extend  emacs has made me want to get more
> serious  about it.

The emacs community is pretty good for supporting elispers but
I don't know of any tutor style lists. ( So far as I know this list is
fairly
unique! There is something like it for PHP but it didn't seem to cater
for total newbies to the same exxtent.)

> know the lisp world is fractured (elsip != scheme != CL != ....) but
> also figure I'd be better off with a list for the `wrong' dialect
> than  no list at all.)

My experience is the best support for learning was in Scheme.
They had the easiest IDEs, good forums/newsgroups (ie not too
many RTFMs!)

But i only play with Lisp these days so am well out of date.

The best Lisp tutorial IMHO is the How To Design Programs
web site/book (htdp.org?)

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld