[Tutor] tutor list equivalent for lisp?

Danny Yoo dyoo at cs.wpi.edu
Thu Jun 5 17:47:21 CEST 2008

> But i only play with Lisp these days so am well out of date.
>
> The best Lisp tutorial IMHO is the How To Design Programs
> web site/book (htdp.org?)

Yes, HTDP is one of the very good ones.  I'd strongly recommend it.  As a
full disclosure thing: I'm involved with the folks doing HTDP: I'm not a
neutral party.  :)

Just to clarify: HTDP does not focus on teaching Lisp per say.  In fact,
all of the the languages it uses are, in some sense, even smaller than
Scheme.  It's more focused on teaching good habits of programming.

HTDP uses the PLT Scheme distribution, which you can find here:

     http://www.plt-scheme.org/

You might want to wait for the pending release of 4.0 release of PLT
Scheme.  It's about to arrive in a few days; the PLT Scheme folks are
right in the middle of testing their release-candidate.

The support mailing list for PLT Scheme is at: