[Tutor] What lib should I use?

W W srilyk at gmail.com
Mon May 26 03:45:12 CEST 2008

However, something to note is that Google prohibits web scraping, at
least via urllib.

If you try to GET or POST (I can't remember off the top of my head),
Google will not return the actual search.

HTH,
Wayne

On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 8:06 PM, bob gailer <bgailer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Julia wrote:
>>
>> I need to write a program what can do two things:
>>
>> 1) get data from the website
>> 2) send information from a textfield (e.g. like a google search)
>
> I presume you want to automatically submit a form?
>
> For both see
>
> http://docs.python.org/lib/node577.html
> Forms are submitted by either GET or POST. Examine the HTML of the form to
> see which.
>
> --
> Bob Gailer
> 919-636-4239 Chapel Hill, NC

To be considered stupid and to be told so is more painful than being
called gluttonous, mendacious, violent, lascivious, lazy, cowardly:
every weakness, every vice, has found its defenders, its rhetoric, its
ennoblement and exaltation, but stupidity hasn't. - Primo Levi