[Tutor] Python equivalent to Matlab keyboard function

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Fri Dec 4 23:46:46 CET 2009

"Tim Goddard" <timgoddardsemail at gmail.com> wrote

> My problem is I can't run the code in the interactive console.

If its any consolation I couldn't get Eclipse's interactive session
working well either. However...

> I guess I'll have to spend some time reading more about eclipse and
> getting the interactive feature working.

I think for what you want you should investigate the debugger rather
that interactive mode.

Check out breakpoints, watches and step-over and step-into.

The Eclipse debugger is good, much better than IDLE.

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site