[Tutor] Wayne's waning list.

A.T.Hofkamp a.t.hofkamp at tue.nl
Mon Jan 5 16:01:56 CET 2009

WM. wrote:
> As a BASIC, hobby programmer, (long since), I get so jargonized here
> that I seldom ask about anything any more.  The only useful bit I have
> gleaned from reading many, many posts is the URL for projecteuler.
> Maybe, after I get past the baby steps and start using the libraries, I
> will benefit more.  Now, the opaque questions and bewildering responses
> leave me in a very passive state.

Sorry to hear that.
We do not intend to scare you away, on the contrary.

It is just that there is a wide range of people posting here with all kinds of
different backgrounds with questions on widely different topics.

When answering a question (in a single post), one often has to hook into terms
and bodies of knowledge that the questioner seems to understand judging by
phrases that are used in the question.

Given the wide range of background and experience of the readers, several
readers will not or only partly understand what is being written.

While that is regrettable, I believe it is unavoidable.

(And if it is any comfort to you, it happens to me too. I have read several
discussions about the "@" operator, and still don't understand why you'd want
to have it. No doubt it is a fantastic operator with many uses, but
apparently, not for me.)

However, you are free to ask questions here, and that includes questions about
answers. (It is not until you ask, that we become aware of your need for
further clarification.)

Sincerely,
Albert