[Tutor] 3.0 on Mac

Vincent Davis vincent at vincentdavis.net
Mon Jun 15 19:55:18 CEST 2009

Here is what my .bash_profile looks like, This is in my user directory
"
# Setting PATH for EPD_Py25 v4.3.0
# The orginal version is saved in .bash_profile.pysave
PATH="/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin:${PATH}"
export PATH

PYTHONPATH="/Volumes/iDisk/match/python"
export PYTHONPATH
"
Note that the file "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current"
is a symbolic link to the actual python. You could change the smbolic link
or pint the Bash_profile directly to the python you want. I also found it
difficult to understand the PYTHONPATH, As yu see it above Python will look
in my idisk for modules to import. So if I have a file names mymod.py
in /Volumes/iDisk/match/python and I "import mymod" it will find it.

Hope this helps, When I was learning abut python I found it difficult to
find spisific instructins for this. Part of the problem Is that it seems
that most instruction assume some understanding of terminal than I had. I
know little more that what allows me to follow clear instructions.

Thanks
Vincent Davis
720-301-3003