[Tutor] performance loss -- profiling

spir denis.spir at free.fr
Mon May 18 20:49:47 CEST 2009

Hello,

I have an big performance problem with an app I'm currently working on.
It "suddenly" runs at least 5 times slower that it used to. The issue is, beeing in a finalization phase, I'm all the time touching thingies here and there. But performance change is visible only when running on big test data, which I haven't done for a few days.

As a consequence I'm unable to find what bug I've introduced that causes such a change. If you of any rational method to diagnose such problems, thank you very much.

Also, it's the first time I really have to cope with machine-time; so I'm totally new to technics like using a profiler. Any hints on the topics heartfully welcome :-)

Denis
------
la vita e estrany