[Tutor] Local vs global

bibi midi bibsmendez at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 11:18:19 CET 2009

On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 6:20 AM, bibi midi <bibsmendez at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you all for the helpful insights. I will keep in mind the naming
> rules in Python, so as not to have it in collision with Python's
> builtins.
> The mention to tidy up e.g. "compartmentalize" code is also noted. I
> agree definitely.
> I'm reworking my code and will post back.

For reason unknown to me the script dont repeat itself
when asked if to play again or not no matter what juggling of the
while/if conditionals i do, the result is the same. What am i

Also, I'm not sure I'm right in the assignment ans = choose_Cave.
I code it like so because the assignment ans = choose_Cave()
the prompt 'Choose a cave' is repeated when the script is run.
Dont want this. I tested this when run in ipython.

I dont know if there is a way to just retrieve the return value to a
variable AND not run the whole function i mean in the case of
ans = choose_Cave(). Would love to hear your expert insights by return.

Best Regards,