[Tutor] I love python / you guys :)

Stefan Lesicnik stefan at lsd.co.za
Mon Nov 16 07:58:25 CET 2009

hi,

Although not a question, i just want to tell you guys how awesome you are!

I am not a programmer, i can do a bit of bash. I have never officially
learnt programming, but numerous times looked at some perl, c, java
and never really gotten past the beginning stages of it. That all
changed when i picked up python. Although my style and use of python
is probably barbaric at best, I really enjoy it when you can make
things work. Python was just amazing from a readability / logical
point of view. If i can think of something, there is a way to do it in
python. After learning the simple data structures it seems i can
really do anything i want to.

I really appreciate all the effort the knowledgeable guys put into
this list (you know who you are! you post answers all the time!). I've
asked a couple of questions and the answers have always been excellent
and i've learnt so much.

So i guess i just wanted to say thanks for supporting a great
language, and helping me as i learn to shape my thinking into better
and better ways to do things.

stefan