[Tutor] Distributing Python Code for Commercial Porpoises?

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Fri Aug 6 23:18:50 CEST 2010

On 8/6/2010 10:51 AM Wayne Watson said...
> Yes, porpoises was a (old) pun.
>
> Back in Feb. I raised a question related to Subject. I just wanted to
> know if Python code could be compiled in some sense. Robert Berman
> pitched in with some help. Although I was making progress, I put it off
> for a future date. I really don't want to get into py2exe here, but am
> wondering if there are Python vendors who in some way sell their product
> in compiled form?

I think you're making it harder.  Go to your partners site, build an
appropriate base environment, document and leave instructions on where
to put new *.py modules you send him, run through it, and you're done.

A little education will likely go a lot further than delving deeper into
heavier technologies in an attempt to 'simplfy'.

HTH,

Emile