[Tutor] Which non SQL Database ?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sun Dec 5 10:41:25 CET 2010

"Jorge Biquez" <jbiquez at icsmx.com> wrote

> Talking with a friend about what he will do (he use C only) he
> suggest to take a look on dBase format file since it is a stable

True enough and Dabo is worth a look since it provides not only
a dbase format db engine but a good GUI builder tool too.

However....

> (Berkley) database file format (I hope I understood this one
> correctly) . Plain files it is not an option since I would like to
> have option to do rapid searches.

Why not use SQL?
SQLlite comes with Python, is small, easy to use and if necessary
can be used in-memory and as such fast.

Once you have decided to go down the database route then not
using SQL nowadays is a very odd decision. Its rather liike
going out looking for a car that has solid types instead of
pneumatics. Why would you want to?

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld