[Tutor] retrieve URLs and text from web pages

Tino Dai oberoc at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 18:26:49 CEST 2010

>  I decided to go with Regular Expressions to modify the text. In the
>> Python.org it is stated that they provide more options and flexibilty
>> compared to strings  and their modules.
>>

> "their modules" referring to the "string" module and the string methods
> here, I assume.
>
> Regular expressions are also a lot harder to read and get right, you'll
> see. They are an important tool in a programmers toolbox, so it's good to
> learn them, but it's also good to know when *not* to use them.

Khawla,

     Stefan is right. Regular expressions are tough especially for a
beginner. The spiderman quote comes to mind: With great power, comes great
responsibility. Check this article for some background on regex.

http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2008/06/regular-expressions-now-you-have-two-problems.html

-Tino