[Tutor] accessing another system's environment

Bill Allen wallenpb at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 04:30:05 CET 2011

I have times when it is useful for me to check the environment of a user
system on our lan remotely while trouble shooting and issue with them.  Now,
this is quite easy to do while I am using a windows system via the computer
management console.   However, I am trying to do this via a linux
workstation (which is joined to the domain, etc.).   I cannot find a native
facility to duplicate the computer management functions, so I thought I
would write a program to fill the need.   Not to mention, I thought it might
be a good learning opportunity.

--Bill