[Tutor] About the Mailing List

Corey Richardson kb1pkl at aim.com
Fri Jul 29 08:39:41 CEST 2011

Excerpts from Steven D'Aprano's message of Fri Jul 29 01:32:36 -0400 2011:
> Jordan wrote:
> > How do I see what in the mailing list has already been responded too,
> > before it sends me the digest? For instance I wanted to respond to one
> > of the questions, but seeing that the time was almost two hours ago. I
> > am sure someone has already responded. Where could I check to see if
> > this is true? I assume the mailing list are posted some wheres on-line.
> > But I can only find the sign up page. Thanks in advance for the link.
>
> Digest mode is a pain in the backside for people wanting to reply, and
> an even bigger pain for those who read the replies to digests. Please
> consider doing yourself, and everyone else, a favour by switching to
> individual emails.

I'll add on to that and say find the threading feature of your user
agent -- or switch to one that has said feature. I know recent thunderbird's
do it, if that's the sort of thing you're into. Thread view makes
things bucketloads easier.
--
Corey Richardson
  "Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves"