[Tutor] Lists

Corey Richardson kb1pkl at aim.com
Fri Jun 10 22:00:46 CEST 2011

On 06/10/2011 03:12 PM, Piotr Kamiński wrote:
> Could you please refrain from presenting your *religious* convictions
> in this list: the notions you believe in as well as the ones that you
> believe are false?
>
> This is a *technical* list, as I understand it, solely dedicated to
> the technical side of teaching the *Python* programming language and
> *programming* in general. I would like to keep it this way and I
> believe there are many persons or at least a number of people
> constituting a minority (or, likely, a silent majority) sharing my
> views in this respect.
>
> What is more, I am profoundly convinced that there are many other
> mailing lists and/or sites on the Internet, specifically dedicated to
> debating various religious, worldview and philosophical issues.

You should have stopped here. Or, even better, just not written at all.
It's the internet, does someone else's world religious really matter so
much that you write a lengthy response to the whole list (which should
be focused on python, as you mentioned)?

> ---
>
> [...]
>
> That is my outlook on religious and ideological matters. I have
> wanted it to be known, so I have mentioned it *once* (Steven provoked
> my response). I do not intend to remind you repeatedly how I despise
> the genocidal totalitarian Left (e.g. that starved to death *5 - 6
> million people* in Ukraine in 1932 - 1933 (
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor )) or pseudo liberal leftist
> denominations. If I ever feel a need for that, I can easily find a
> dedicated Internet forum and express my views in this thematic scope.
> I am quite sure nobody needs my repeated ideological propaganda *in
> this mailing list*; let me know if I am wrong...

A wise man once said,

> Could you please refrain from presenting your *religious* convictions
> in this list: the notions you believe in as well as the ones that you
> believe are false?

Could be applied to government too.
--
Corey Richardson