[Tutor] Lists

Piotr Kamiński piotr-kam at o2.pl
Sun Jun 12 22:06:17 CEST 2011

Dnia 11-06-2011 o 17:51:03 Piotr Kamiński <piotr-kam at o2.pl> napisał(a):

> Dnia 11-06-2011 o 17:30:50 Alan Gauld <alan.gauld at btinternet.com>
> napisał(a):
>
>> "Piotr Kamiński" <piotr-kam at o2.pl> wrote

>> Since this seems to be something we can all agree on
>> can we consider this discussion closed and get back
>> to Python?
>>
>> If you wish to continue the philosophical debate please
>> take it off list.
>>
>> Alan g.
>> List moderator.
>

> OK.
>
> I like this style of talking - no feelings hurt, *including Christian
> ones as well*.
> Thank you.
>
> Piotr.

To be perfectly clear, as I've got the impression that my words were
interpreted in various ways by different people: the "thank you" in my
reply to Alan Gauld's message, *is not* a sign of subservience/weakness,
my seeking his approval or a similar attitude.

I thanked him strictly for *the *polite* style of talking* on the list; I
do not expect Alan Gauld or any other Tutor list user to agree with or
approve of any of my philosophical views.

In other words, *in my culture* thanking someone for something (and, by
the way: apologising to someone for a mistake made) is strictly a sign of
*politeness*, not of some weakness, defeat, being a losing party, a member
of a lower social class etc.

Over and out.

Piotr