[Tutor] learning how to convert script to python

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Mon Jun 27 10:16:39 CEST 2011

"Jim Syyap" <jimsyyap at gmail.com> wrote

> The project has been discontinued and I would like to convert it to
> python, then use it.
>
> Can you tell me what language this is--lisp or autohotkey?

No idea what autohotkey looks like but it certainly is NOT Lisp.

> What do I need to learn so I can convert these?

Python and whatever the language is.

But you will also need to convert all of the support modules
that the code uses - like Gui for example, and they might
be written in a different language - like C perhaps.

Its an interesting challenge but it could be bigger than
you think! Be prepared for the long run.

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site