[Tutor] how to read two files and substitute

Eike Welk eike.welk at gmx.net
Thu May 19 11:00:17 CEST 2011

Hello Lina!

On Wednesday 18.05.2011 05:22:50 lina wrote:
> May I ask another question:
>
> where I can get some advanced, terse and powerful python tutorials.
> short but powerful and a bit hard to understand at first.

The tutorial on Python's website is relatively terse, but it uses a simple
language. It is great, if you already know a programming language.
http://docs.python.org/tutorial/

For people who do numerical computations the book "Python Scripting for
Computational Science" from Hans Petter Langtangen is a great introduction to
Python.
http://www.amazon.com/Python-Scripting-Computational-Science-
Engineering/dp/3540739157/

The book from Langtangen also introduces the most important scientific
libries, and shows how to solve common tasks. It is quite badly structured
though.

Eike.