[Tutor] Dictionaries

myles broomes mylesbroomes at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Feb 10 15:13:52 CET 2012

Ive been given a challenge in the book im learning Python from and its basically create a program with a dictionary of father - son pairs and allow the user to add, replace and delete pairs. Ive done that without any problems but ive been giving another challenge where I have to improve the previous program by adding a choice that lets the user enter a name and get back a grandfather. The program should still only use one dictionary of father-son pairs and finally I have to make sure to include several generations in your dictionary so that a match can be found. Im not sure I fully understand the task because surely its only possible to have one key and one value per pair but the challenge seems to want me to have a key (for the father), a value (for the son) and then something else (for the grandfather). Is this actually possible? Or am I just misinterpreting the challenge?

Myles Broomes