[Tutor] Dictionaries

Sarma Tangirala tvssarma.omega9 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 15:31:31 CET 2012

On 10 Feb 2012 19:45, "myles broomes" <mylesbroomes at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

> Ive been given a challenge in the book im learning Python from and its
basically create a program with a dictionary of father - son pairs and
allow the user to add, replace and delete pairs. Ive done that without any
problems but ive been giving another challenge where I have to improve the
previous program by adding a choice that lets the user enter a name and get
back a grandfather. The program should still only use one dictionary of
father-son pairs and finally I have to make sure to include several
generations in your dictionary so that a match can be found. Im not sure I
fully understand the task because surely its only possible to have one key
and one value per pair but the challenge seems to want me to have a key
(for the father), a value (for the son) and then something else (for the
grandfather). Is this actually possible? Or am I just misinterpreting the
challenge?

> Myles Broomes

I don't think the task is asking you to modify the exisiting dictionary and
that its aim is to have you modify the way you search the dictionary.