[Tutor] finding a polymer of letters in a string

Hs Hs ilhs_hs at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 19 19:09:27 CET 2012

Hi:
I am writing to see if I could any help.
I am trying to find if a mutation in gene falls in a polymer region of DNA. To explain in simplistic terms,

Given a piece of DNA string, with following characters, I know where mutation happens.  Happens at T (in quotes with spaces.) 3 As before T and 4 As after T are removed in a disease.

Given following sequence, I should be able to find if this T is in a polymer region. such as 'AAA' T 'AAAA.

AAATAGCAGAAA 'T' AAAAGAAAAGATTGGAACTAGGTCAG

I am not sure if there are any methods in python to find these.  Do you think a script has to be written with more logic involving some known algorithms.

Please advise.

thanks
Hs.