[Tutor] data analysis with python

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Wed Nov 14 09:26:23 CET 2012

On 14/11/12 08:13, David Martins wrote:

> I remember having looked at R a while ago but did never pick it up. I
> found a nice tutorial and will give it a go.

There is an interface to R from Python too.
So you can combine the two..

However, given your stated aims SQL does look like the most natural
choice and is worth learning, it's really not that hard, especially if
performance is not critical. But if you want to really crunch the data
rather than just mine it then R or numpy might be better suited.

BTW There are graphical GUI front tends to SQLite that hide the SQL from
you so if you managed to get the data into SQLite you could use those to
get it out again... Try a Google search.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site