[Tutor] reducing a list evenly when deleting elements by index

Pete O'Connell pedrooconnell at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 23:50:28 CEST 2012

> 1) You have a Bezier curver consisting of 20 control points and would like
> approximate it with a simpler cubic Bezier curve consisting of only 4
> points.
> I would call this "approximating a Bezier with a lower order Bezier".
>
> Hi Oscar. Thanks for your reply. This one above is the one that I am
trying to do. It is true that choosing arbitrary points evenly selected
from the original points is not ideal, it is good enough for my purposes in
most cases. When I have a bit more time I am going to try to implement the
Ramer–Douglas–Peucker algorithm to improve the accuracy of my curve
simplification:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramer%E2%80%93Douglas%E2%80%93Peucker_algorithm

Thanks
Pete