[Tutor] building a website with python

Benjamin Fishbein bfishbein79 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 05:07:51 CEST 2013

> You've gotten some good feedback, but I suspect you will get better information if you provide more information about your goals for the site.

Thanks for your help, everyone. There are some specific things I want the site to do, and I'm not sure which would be the best developing tool or hosting for these.
The python software I developed is for selling used books.
It takes book ISBN numbers as input and returns the best prices being offered.
It uses the selenium module...I'm not sure how that would translate into a website.
There are many websites that offer similar book price comparisons, but mine is different...it's user-friendly. Any volunteer at a thrift shop or library can use it...just a series of simple directions and yes/no questions, taking the user all the way from scanning or typing in an ISBN to dropping the parcel off at the post office. (The local libraries I worked with more than doubled their used-book revenues.) I want to expand this nationwide, and bookchicken.com seems to be the way to do it.
So much of the program is simple enough. But there's two parts of the program that I anticipate being important to what host, development tool I use:
1. ISBNs (the books the thrift shop/ library has) being sent to various websites and returning the data to my site to be analyzed by my program.
2. Maneuvering through the website of the company buying the books. I don't want to send the user off to a warehouse's site with a list of books to sell to them. They'll still be entering their address and name, but it'll be on my site, that I then send to the warehouse's page, get a packing slip and shipping label from the warehouse, and give these documents to the user to print out.

I'm not sure if this changes anyone's ideas about which host/ developer I should use. Please let me know.
Thanks,
Ben