[Tutor] Can't install latest PIL

eryksun eryksun at gmail.com
Fri May 17 10:19:28 CEST 2013

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 3:23 AM, Jim Mooney <cybervigilante at gmail.com> wrote:
> BTW, I noticed that Msoft Visual Studio has Python. Does that mean I
> could made a standalone Win executable with Python, or would a user
> still need the Py interpreter installed? It would be nice if you could
> make an exe.

Are you referring to Python Tools for Visual Studio? PTVS lets you use
Visual Studio as a Python IDE:

http://pytools.codeplex.com

For CPython, one option for creating an exe is py2exe:

http://www.py2exe.org/index.cgi/Tutorial

If you're referring to IronPython, that's a .NET implementation of Python:

http://ironpython.codeplex.com
http://www.ironpython.info

Here's a tutorial on creating an exe with IronPython:

http://dbaportal.eu/2009/12/21/ironpython-how-to-compile-exe