[Tutor] HELP I need help with Python Setup or to reach Marilyn Davis

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Thu Oct 3 12:07:34 CEST 2013

On 2/10/2013 22:01, carolynn fryer wrote:

> the fact that I can not run anything without getting a syntax error.  I
> tried setting up a path for python environment variables and a few other things but I am getting no where.

Welcome to the Python tutor mailing list.  I deleted all the irrelevant
parts of your post so that we could see how you described your problem.

You're running Windows 7 (or 8), and you've installed Python version
x.xx, which you downloaded from http://www.yyyyyyy.yyyy/zzzzzzzz

After installation, which gave no errors, you tried typing in the
following 5 line Python program into the file  XXXXXX.PL, using the
JJJJJJJ.COM

text editor.

#!QQQQQQQQQ/QQQQQQQQ/QQQQQQ

import ZZZ
for zzz in xxxxxxxxxxxxx:
    print ("xxx"

You ran this program from the CMD box, using the Windows command:

XXXXXXXXXXxx > pythonXZZ  myprogEEEEE.44

and you got the following output:

932873297843294327432 n  432983274329743
2974393287432
239873249734

You guess we might want to know the folloiwing environment variables:

PATH=lasjf;ljdsaf;ljfds;afjljlfdsjjfdsafds;
PYTHONBADPATH=ljfdsljsfdlfdsjlfdskjfds

You want to know how to correct the above explicit error.

Now, that message we could probably handle, obviously depending on the
details.

--
DaveA