[Tutor] strange errors

Jerry Hill malaclypse2 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 20:46:28 CET 2014

On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 2:17 PM, Gabriele Brambilla
<gb.gabrielebrambilla at gmail.com> wrote:
> No, i'm not  using lowlevel stuff...which part of the script do you want to
> see?

Since you asked, what we'd really like to see is a Short, Self
Contained, Compilable Example (see http://sscce.org/).  That is, an
example that is short enough to be read quickly, self contained enough
so that we can actually save the code and run it, compilable in that
the code will run, at least to the point where you're having a problem
(it's fine to have code that won't run, as long as the error that pops
up is the error you're actually looking for help with).

We know that it can be a lot of work to create an example like that,
but if you do there are two things that are likely to happen.  First,
probably 75% of the time, you will find your problem yourself without
ever having to post it to the list.  The very act of trimming your
code into the piece that demonstrates your problem, will help you find
the problem yourself.

Second, you are very, very likely to get people to pay attention to
your question and provide advice on how to fix your code when you make
it easy for them to help.

--
Jerry