[Tutor] antigravity?!?

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Sat Jan 2 06:12:00 EST 2016

On Sat, Jan 02, 2016 at 12:46:01AM -0600, boB Stepp wrote:
> Ok, you Python developers (If any follow the Tutor list.) are a quirky
> lot!  Thinking about Martin's suggestion to explore the standard
> library, I typed "py" in my W7 Command Prompt, followed by "help()"
> and then modules to see what modules I had installed on my system.
> While doing so, I was intrigued by one called, "antigravity".  Hmm.
> So I next typed "antigravity" to see what this thing was.  I was
> immediately startled!  My Chrome browser, open next to the Command
> Prompt window, suddenly went to the xkcd web site!  Huh?  Well, that
> comic explains "antigravity".  But it does not explain the rest of the
> help entry:

Geohashing is explained by one of the other XKCD cartoons. You'll need
to google for it, I don't remember what it does.

[...]
> What else awaits as I explore Python???

antigravity is an Easter Egg.

You can also try:

import this

from __future__ import braces

from __future__ import barry_as_FLUFL

(the last one is *very* subtle, it might take you a while to work out
what it does).

There may be a few others, I don't remember.

--
Steve