[Tutor] Combine Scripts to Work Together...

Sam Starfas starfas_s at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 22 13:16:11 EST 2016

 Hi,I am new to Python, but learning. (Hopefully the layout is readable)
I am having trouble getting two scripts to work together. What I want to do is have the combinded script do the following:
1. Read through a directory of xml files, not a single file, but many xml files.2. Read each files contents.3. Pull out the <uicontrol> element content (words between open and close tag)
   * For example: <uicontrol>Sam was here.</uicontrol>
   * The script would pull out the content "Sam was here" and print it to a file.

My scripts so far:----------------------------------------------------------Script to get <uicontol> content----------------------------------------------------------import xml.etree.ElementTree as ET
tree = ET.parse('TEST.xml')
root = tree.getroot()for uicontrol in root.iter('uicontrol'):
     print(uicontrol.text)
import glob
import errnopath ='/Users/sastarfa/Documents/Projects/Script-projects/Scripts/Pull-out-terms-between-elements/*.xml'   files = glob.glob(path)
for name in files: # 'file' is a builtin type, 'name' is a less-ambiguousvariable name.
     try:
           with open(name) as f: # Noneed to specify 'r': this is the default.
           sys.stdout.write(f.read())

This is the area I get stuck. I can understand, write a script to run on one a single file you input into the script, but getting a script to run on a directory I am not understanding how to do this.
Thanks in advance for any and all help.Really appreciate the help.
Sam