[Tutor] help with exercise 15 of zed shaw's LPTHW

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Tue Jul 5 21:04:36 EDT 2016

Hi Heloisa, and welcome.

Do you have a link to the code? Or better still, if it is short (say
under fifty lines) can you copy it into an email and send it?

On Wed, Jul 06, 2016 at 12:56:19AM +0100, lohecn at tuta.io wrote:

[...]
> 1. the need to put script into an estipulation for argv (line 3)

I'm sorry, I don't know what that word "estipulation" means. Do you mean
"stipulation", as in:

    That which is stipulated, or agreed upon; that which is
    definitely arranged or contracted; an agreement

> 2. the what is txt and why it has to be used there (line 4)
> 3. txt.read() -- which are all new functions(? I dont even know what they
> are)  (line 7)
> 4. file_again (line 10)
> 5. txt_again (line 12)
> and line 14.

The only thing I can guess without seeing the code is that MAYBE txt is
an open file, and txt.read() reads the content of the file.

--
Steve