[Tutor] 3D plotting

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Mon May 29 19:17:02 EDT 2017

On 29/05/17 21:40, Jack Lambert wrote:

> I am very new to python and am using it for some astronomy data analysis.
> What I am trying to is plot a 3D scatter plot of three variables that are
> being read from a file. I've tried using code from other examples of 3d
> plots but, having little idea how the code functions, I have had very
> little luck.

I'm not sure where you got the examples but the official site
contains a wealth of samples.

http://matplotlib.org/users/screenshots.html

If you find one that's close to what you want, grab the
source code and try to map your data to that code.
That may be what you've already done, in which case you
are going to have to spend a bit of time learning the tools.

There is a specific matplotlib support forum however
who may be better placed than this list to help: