[Tutor] confused about Pypi

Marc Tompkins marc.tompkins at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 20:39:23 EDT 2017

On Sat, Oct 28, 2017 at 1:43 PM, Mark Anderson <mcanderson12 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello, I am currently doing an online course to learn Python. Generally
> ive followed it well and am enjoying my first go at programming. However
> the description of how to get modules from PyPi has left me confused. Ive
> only recently downloaded python so it already has pip installed. As I
> understand it I have to write certain text into the command prompt (I’m
> using windows 10). It tells me that python -m is not recognised.
> Can anyone help please

I strongly recommend the excellent "pip-Win" utility.  It's a very small
download and a very quick install; it figures out your various virtual
environment(s) and makes everything incredibly easy.  I feel like I'm
cheating by using it, frankly, but the fact is that I like my tools to work
for ME, not the other way around; I came here to use Python, not fight with
command-line syntax.

https://sites.google.com/site/pydatalog/python/pip-for-windows