[Tutor] Python help

Sarah Flores flores.sarahlu at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 13:16:16 EDT 2021

Hello!
I have never posted to python.org before.
I am working on an assignment for a class that is meeting virtually and I
am looking for some feedback before I have to turn this in Sunday night
(9/5, midnight pacific time)
Here is the assignment and the code I wrote.
Can you let me know if I'm totally off base?  For context, I am a total
noob and this is only my 2nd class in coding. I used mostly the class notes
ppt slides and random youtube videos to figure this out. It is worth like
half of the grade for the class so far.)

 *Assignment:*

> * Q1) A non-governmental organization needs a program to calculate the
> amount of financial assistance for needy families. The formula is as
> follows: *(300 points)
> • If the annual household income is between $30,000 and $40,000 and the
> household has at least three children, the amount is $1,000 per child.
> • If the annual household income is between $20,000 and $30,000 and the
> household has at least two children, the amount is $1,500 per child.
> • If the annual household income is less than $20,000, the amount is
> $2,000 per child.
> * Implement a function for this computation. Write a program that asks for
> the household income and number of children for each applicant, printing
> the amount returned by your function. Use –1 as a sentinel value for the
> input.  *

Code is attached as a txt file.

Flores.SarahLu at gmail.com