[Tutor] Creating menu shortcut key bindings

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 1 17:21:12 EDT 2023

On 01/06/2023 07:09, Phil wrote:

> I had already scanned through the first link but couldn't relate the
> information with the code I have.

That's the problem. Your GUI builder is spitting out decidedly
non-Tkinter-like code so it's hard to know how to fix it
without delving into how the GUI builder works.

If it was my own (conventional Tkinter style) code I'd just
miss out the mainwindow bit and bind to self. But you appear
to be using a Toplevel widget somewhere in the design and that
might mess things up.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site