[Types-sig] "Interfaces" Jargon

Guido van Rossum guido@CNRI.Reston.VA.US
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 13:45:36 -0500

> If anyone *really* has a hard time using "interfaces" and "implements"
> or if you think a complelling case can be made against these or for
> others, then please speak up now.

Oh my God!  Now the rest of this year we'll be bickering over nothing
but terminology issues.  The problem is, in my experience the number
of people who have (and want to express!) an opinion on what something
is called is usually at least ten times the number of people who
actually contribute over what it *is*.

So, let's ignore terminology posts from people who haven't contributed
to the meat of this thread before; once we've got a good understanding
of the issues we can stop to think again about terminology.

(0.5 :-)