[Types-sig] List of FOO

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 21:04:07 -0500

> So I could, for instance, define a binary tree module and
> have "binary trees of ints" and "binary trees of strings."
> How do I define the binary tree class and state that it
> is parameterizable?

Via:

    decl type BinaryTree(_T)

    class BinaryTree: # exactly as today

exploiting type variables (see earlier msg), and that I named "decl" "decl"
instead of "var" precisely because "var"iable declarations aren't the only
kinds of "decl"arations that will be needed before the blood stops flowing.

decl-will-encompass-a-sublanguage-bigger-than-python<wink>-ly y'rs  - tim