[Web-SIG] Re: Just lost another one to Rails

Greg Wilson gvwilson at cs.utoronto.ca
Wed Apr 27 20:26:09 CEST 2005

 > > Greg Wilson wrote:
> > Well, here we all are, two weeks later...

 > Ian Bicking:
 > [Subway on Paste]
 > [Quixote on Paste]
 > [Adrian Holovaty's stuff on Paste]

There's an old Chinese proverb (well, I was told it's Chinese): "If a
hundred sages each tell you something different, the odds are that
they're all wrong."  I think WSGIKit/Paste is a great idea, but as long
as a dozen people keep saying, "Use mine!  No, use mine!", the average
"need to get it done for Tuesday" web developer isn't going to touch any
of them.

 > Martijn Faassen:
 > One can hardly expect people to drop the frameworks they've invested a
 > lot in and all converge upon another one. You can't even expect Python
 > programmers to actually stop creating new frameworks.

Expect? No.  Ask?  Yes.  Believe that if they don't, they'll be
wondering in five years why Python has become the next Tcl, instead of
the next Perl?  Absolutely.

Thanks,
Greg