[Web-SIG] WSGI deployment: an experiment

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Fri Jul 29 02:44:07 CEST 2005

Ian Bicking wrote:
> It's experimental.  It's far too bound to ConfigParser.  Maybe it's too
> closely bound to .ini files in general.  It doesn't handle multiple
> files or file references well at all.  Actually, not just not well, but
> just not at all.  But I think it's fairly simple and usable as a proof
> of concept.

I realize the code really wants is a couple callbacks into the
configuration.  Applications should be able to construct other
applications, and applications should be able to read the other
variables in their section.  Where I'm passing around
(config_parser_instance, section_name), I should be passing around
(config_context, section_data), and config_context would be an object
that could build other applications based on name (or filename).

--
Ian Bicking  /  ianb at colorstudy.com  / http://blog.ianbicking.org