[Web-SIG] Bowing out (was Re: A trivial template API counter-proposal)

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Feb 7 15:08:53 CET 2006

I'm not sure what you're talking about here.  Are you talking about
WSGI? Or the templating effort?  I've tuned out the templating discussion.

I think you and others did a fantastic job with WSGI. (Based on my
experience I do think it needs more work in the future, but that's
beside the point.)  Despite some skepticism about the templating
effort, I certainly planned to evaluate it when it settled down.
For the record, I am very interested in inclusive specs and
other means to collaborate.  Keep up the good work!

I do think that the pioneering work you are doing with setuptools
is far more important for Python, so I'd be happy to see you focus on
that. :)

Jim