[Web-SIG] [Paste] GeneratorExit

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Sat Nov 10 19:05:06 CET 2007

Jochen Kupperschmidt wrote:
> Hi Ian,
>
> when using your Paste suite and its HTTP server, I sporadically come
> across a traceback related to a GeneratorExit. It does not seem to break
> stuff, but it confuses me and fills up my log.
>
> I put the traceback, together with some description and related links
> that might help examining and fixing it, at
> http://paste.pocoo.org/show/9976/
> It should be easy to fix, as far as I can tell. Please let me know what
> you think.

I'm guessing this is some interaction between the extensions to the
generator protocol in Python 2.5, and its overlap with app_iter.close()
in WSGI.  I'm not sure what the proper behavior here is.  Just swallow
the error?  Maybe PJE has an idea of what should happen here.

--
Ian Bicking : ianb at colorstudy.com : http://blog.ianbicking.org