[Web-SIG] WSGI 2.0

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Mon Oct 8 13:48:55 CEST 2007

Phillip J. Eby ha scritto:
> At 01:02 PM 10/8/2007 +0200, Manlio Perillo wrote:
>> Supporting "legacy" and "huge" WSGI applications is not really a
>> priority for me.
>
> Then you should really make it clear to your users that your Nginx
> module does not support WSGI.  The entire point of WSGI is to allow
> "legacy" (i.e. already-written applications) to be portable across
> servers.  Something that doesn't run existing WSGI apps is clearly not
> WSGI.

[Here I respond to the latest post of Graham, too.]

Right, but actually nginx mod_wsgi *can* execute every WSGI application
in a *conforming* way (I'm completing full support for WSGI 2.0, and
after this I will implement WSGI 1.0).

Of course some classes of WSGI applications runs *better* if they don't
block the nginx process loop too much, so that nginx can serve multiple
requests at the same time.

It is simply a matter of optimized execution.

Regards  Manlio Perillo