[XML-SIG] Anonymous CVS access, and current status

Geir Ove Gronmo grove@infotek.no
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 14:48:18 +0200

At 12:34 16.09.98 -0400, A.M. Kuchling	 wrote:
>	* Better-placed people in the XML community, please correct me
>on this: besides DOM, I don't see any XML-related technologies or
>standards that will be finalized any time soon.  The first public XSL
>working draft just got released, and there are various XML-Data/DCD,
>XSchema, and other things being worked on, but none of those things
>will be finished within the next 6 months or so.  Is my perception
>correct?

There are some XML-related technologies technologies that I would like to
see implemented/integrated into the Python environment. I wouldn't expect
any of them to be included into the version 1.0 of the Python/XML package
though.

   o XLink ( http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/WD-xlink-19980303 )
   o The Hytime modules ( http://www.hytime.org/ )
   o The SGML Extended Facilies (
http://www.ornl.gov/sgml/wg8/docs/n1920/html/clause-A.html )

   o Topic Navigation Maps ( http://www.hightext.com/tnm/ )
   o Resource Description Framework ( http://www.w3.org/RDF/ )

   o A Python wrapper module for the SP package written by James Clark. (
http://www.jclark.com/sp/ )
   o A SAX driver for nsgmls

Geir O.

|  STEP Infotek as, Gjerdrumsvei 12, 0486 Oslo, Norway  |
|        grove@infotek.no http://www.infotek.no/        |