[XML-SIG] Anonymous CVS access, and current status

Lars Marius Garshol larsga@ifi.uio.no
18 Sep 1998 14:59:35 +0200

* Geir Ove Gronmo

|    o A Python wrapper module for the SP package written by James Clark. (
| http://www.jclark.com/sp/ )

We have this already:

<URL:http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca:80/~papresco/pysgml/>

|    o A SAX driver for nsgmls

I'm currently working on this. (Or rather, a general ESIS parser,
since that can be used with other parsers as well.)

However, I have a problem with os.popen in that error messages are
written to the console (on Win95) and not to my Python process. Once
I've figured that one out we have a SAX driver for nsgmls.

Of course, an OLE-based driver would also be nice, but I'm leaving
that for someone else (for now at least). It should be pretty easy do
to, since Paul Prescods PySGML (see above) has a module that uses OLE
to communicate with nsgmls (well, SP).

Other than this I whole-heartedly agree with Geir Ove's suggestions.

--Lars M.