[XML-SIG] non-xml format to xml

John Eikenberry jae@kavi.com
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 14:22:48 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I'm beggining to work on an set of xml tools (dtd, conversion tools) for
Redhat's packages (rpms). I was curious if there was a 'best way' to
convert to/from non-xml formats (rpm's package building description files,
aka. .spec files) to xml format.

I was thinking of using DOM, and adding methods for building the tree from
the .spec file and outputtin the tree to this format. I choose this over
sax with the idea that it would be easier to integrate into other apps
over time (perhaps a gui packaging interface or the like).

How have other people done this?

Thanks in advance for any tips,

---

John Eikenberry